If you have recently purchased your first house, garden maintenance will be something to consider, as it is part and parcel of property ownership. Things grow very quickly in the summer here in the UK and if you have the right tools and equipment, keeping the garden in trim is a regular task and with that in mind, here is a list of tools that you will need to keep your garden tidy.
- Grass cutting machine – Some call is a lawn mower and whether petrol of electric, a small push mower won’t cost the earth and running over the lawn every week is all it takes.
- Grass clippers – Use these along fence lines, around trees and along pathways.
- Garden fork and spade – These are used for weeding and keeping the flower beds clean.
- Stiff broom – Once the grass has been cut, sweep the driveway and paths, leaving everything clean.
- Pruning shears – You need to prune your trees and shrubs and the autumn is the best time to carry out pruning.
- Garden rake – If the grass is long, you will need to rake it up and put it on your compost heap at the back of the garden.
- Hosepipe – Connect it up to an outside tap and use it to water the trees, plants and, of course, the lawn. Once a week is fine in the spring and every couple of days in the summer, which will keep the garden looking lush green.
- Wheelbarrow – A wheelbarrow is an essential item, which you can use to move soil and leaves that you have raked up. This handy device also can be used for planting in the spring.
If you need landscaping services, there is affordable garden design in Liss and once the garden is complete, you can carry out the weekly maintenance.
Twinwood Farms could become your go-to place for all kinds of landscaping needs. They would cater to you with a wide variety of sod grass to meet your specific needs. Every variety of grass would be adapted for specific turf usage along with draught or sun control. Therefore, your local sod farm has been an excellent source to assist you in deciding on the right type of grass suitable for your needs.